Vineyards have been cultivated in Greece and formed an important part of Greek culture since Antiquity. In the 1990s production took a leap forward with the introduction of new wine-making technologies.
Among the new technologies, nowdays there are steel tanks with temperature control and the systematic search for and re-cultivation of indigenous varieties. Today there are more than 700 wineries producing more than 2.500 different wines.
Of the 4 most exported Greek varieties (2 reds and 2 whites), 2 originate right here, in the northern Peloponnese: The red Aghiorgitiko was born more than 2.000 years ago and is still cultivated in Nemea, and the white “Moschofilero” originates in Mantineia. Nemea is situated 40 km from Daphne’s Club Hotel Apartments and the wine roads which bear the same name start almost on our doorstep! Mantineia is situated a few km south of Nemea, in the famous Arcadia district.
We offer a number of different options as regards wine-tasting:
1. Our “Introduction to Greek wines” seminar takes you on a journey around Greece, from the southern islands of Crete and Santorini, to the northern mountains of Macedonia, guiding you along the way through our most famous wine houses and introducing you to our most interesting local varieties.
2. Our “Introduction to wine-making” seminar will familiarise you with basic and more advanced wine making techniques, in order to allow you to better appreciate the effort inherent in a high quality wine, as well as the risks involved throughout the process.
3. Our Wine-tasting sessions aim to help you demystify the art of appreciating wine and to introduce you to the complex and very rewarding world of good wine!
4. Our “Nemea wineries” excursion will introduce you to some of the area’s best wine makers and their wines.
5. Our Full Wine Package includes:
5 nights’ accommodation with Greek breakfast and gourmet dinner
“Introduction to Greek wines” seminar and wine-tasting session
“Introduction to wine making” seminar and wine-tasting session
Wine tasting & lunch in local winery
Grape-picking (available only during the picking season)
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.