New Cleaning & Disinfecting Protocol 2021
Dear Guests & Friends,
The unprecedented pandemic which we recently experienced has provoked major upheavals in our personal and professional lives, which have required important adjustments both to the way we live and to the way we work. The hospitality industry has been particularly impacted, since it presupposes and accelerates cross-border travel, exploration and human contact. On the positive side, we cannot help but welcome the general slowing down of our hectic life rhythms and the unnecessary over-consumption which went with it. Both these trends could herald an era of authentic traveling, away from destructive forms of mass-tourism.
Concretely, the situation which we face in the travel & hospitality industry demands increased vigilance in terms of health and safety, areas which were already supremely important to us. At Daphne’s Club we have spent the previous months monitoring the recommendations and guidelines issued by national and local health authorities, in the aim of continuing to provide the best service possible, while safeguarding the health of our guests, team members and associates.
However, we view the challenge of providing a well-cleaned and correctly-disinfected space in a wider frame: We believe that ensuring health and safety must come neither at the cost of our environmental sustainability commitment and goals, nor at the cost of true hospitality. As we complete our procedural changes we will thus aim to remain part of our natural and human environment, keeping you safe and keeping our planet and our community safe too.
Daphne & Team
Our COVID-19 updated Cleaning & Disinfecting Protocol includes:
Reception and Lobby area
- We have established new contactless online check-in procedures and online check-out payments and receipts.
- All apartment keys will be disinfected before being given to you.
- We have placed safe distancing and personal hygiene reminders in all public spaces.
- We have installed alcohol-based hand sanitizer at the front entrance, in all hotel public areas and outside the elevator.
- An Emergency Health Care Kit is to be found at the reception (infrared thermometer, germicidal disinfectant/wipes for surface, sanitiser gel, face masks, disposable gloves, disposable protective apron, disposable waste bag), as well as information about doctors and hospitals.
- We are increasing the cleaning and disinfection frequency of all the hotel’s public areas, such as the reception and lobby area, paying special attention to high-touch items.
- The wearing of a mask is obligatory in all of the hotel’s public spaces.
- We have increased cleaning and disinfection thoroughness in all apartments, paying special attention to high-touch items.
- We will strive to leave each apartment empty for at least 24 hours prior to the next check-in (subject to availability)
- We have increased guest communications on our hotel’s COVID-19 policies and requirements.
- Sanitiser gel has been placed in each apartment.
- Apartment cleaning during a guest’s stay will only be done if requested.
Breakfast and Meals
- We have increased cleaning and disinfection thoroughness in our kitchen and breakfast serving area.
- We have spaced out our breakfast tables in order to avoid overcrowding.
- Breakfast will be served at your table in pre-booked time slots or in your apartment.
- All employees will be fully trained on standards, sanitization protocols, equipment and new disinfecting products. Weekly team meetings will ensure that all our team is updated on new rules and requirements.
- Team members will be trained and reminded to perform frequent hand washing by using soap and sanitizing stations.
- Team members perform weekly self-tests.
- Team members will be provided with and required to use masks and disposable gloves, according to their work station.
- Team members who do not feel well or who have high temperature will be asked to go home/remain at home.
Handling of suspected cases
- Our hotel has designated a person responsible for handling suspected cases of COVID-19.
- The handling of suspected cases will follow the rules and protocols set up by international and local health authorities.
- All guests will be informed prior to their arrival of the procedures required of them if they have COVID-19 symptoms.